Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to British Airways Black Friday/Cyber Monday business class special fares between London and North America (including Hawaii).
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access original post here).
- Fare: British Airways (BA) ILX8C1S4 LON to Zone 1
- Booking class: I (Business Class)
- Price: From £1517 (£990 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: Do not apply
- Seasonal restrictions: Permitted 25DEC through 31DEC 17
- Flight restrictions: Transatlantic sectors must be on BA metal – Travel within North America (including Hawaii) must be on AA/AS metal or BA codeshares
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: Reservations for all sectors are required at least 28 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: 3 days after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure
- Stopovers: Unlimited stopovers allowed at £200 each
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction
- Blackout dates: Do not apply
- Travel restrictions: Do not apply
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 27NOV 17
- Changes: Changes not permitted
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for December 2017 using Matrix ItaSoftware:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for LHR-LAX-HNL round trip travel on BA marketed flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
These prices are not your normal business class ticket price ex-London, especially to Hawaii. Playing the 2 transfers allowed correctly, this fare could be interesting to those looking for cheap BA tier points.
The intra-North America segments on AS/AA book into J bucket fare, which give interesting accruals on AS.
Too bad for the very limited booking window (just one week) and the zero flexibility (no changes or cancellations allowed).