Lufthansa has opened a Cyber Monday campaign where they give out vouchers in the value of 30 EUR for flights originating from Germany that have to be requested & booked today, 27th November 2017.
If you are planning to complete some bookings and find a worthwhile offer today on the Lufthansa website it might be a worthwhile thing to request one of the 30 EUR vouchers which will be applied to the base fare only.
Lufthansa runs these promotions frequently and it depends on the individual campaign if they are good for worldwide use or specific points of origin. This one is valid for departures ex Germany only and for worldwide destinations.
This time the voucher request works different than previous times where you had to to request one (or multiple ones), each with a different email address. You can find the promotion code by followin a link from the newsletter sent out today or from Lufthansa’s Germany website.
After asking around it seems that this is a universal code: ZCN69RMJ0OK6 !
Keep in mind that some of the very cheap fares within Germany and Europe have a very low base fare of sometimes just a few Euro, the rest being taxes and fees. Since the voucher can only be applied to the base fare it might be that you can’t profit from the entire 30 EUR value.
I think this promotion is way too limited in order to be really useful for the broad audience. Having to request the code today and it only being valid for immediate use, combined with a travel period that starts six weeks from now isn’t very useful.
Here are the Terms & Conditions for this promotion:
- The voucher can be redeemed on the payment screen – after the selection of the entire journey.
- Vouchers are only valid for itineraries where all flights are operated by Lufthansa and Lufthansa City Line.
- The voucher displayed can be redeemed on the same day, between 00:00 hours of a calendar day and 23:59 hours of the same calendar day (CET – Central European Time).
- The Voucher Code will be displayed on LH.com on 27.11.2017 and is only valid on the day of dispatch.
- The Voucher is valid for flights from 08.01.2018 – 22.03.2018.The voucher is only valid for flights departing in Germany and can only be redeemed at www.lufthansa.com.
- The voucher is not valid in conjunction with any “Access Code” used to purchase already discounted fares.
- Only one voucher can be used for each booking process.
- The voucher reduces only the tariff value of the ticket and cannot be used for fees, taxes, charges or other supplements.
- If the tariff value of the ticket is less than the value of the voucher, the residual amount can be deducted from the tariff value of other tickets bought in the same booking process.
- If the value of the voucher exceeds the total tariff value of all the tickets in a booking process, the residual amount cannot be redeemed in a further booking process.
- Certain tariffs may be excluded from the use of vouchers.
- Vouchers may only be used for flight tickets, not for rebooking charges (MCOs), excess baggage tickets, seat reservations or other flight related / ancillary products.
- Vouchers cannot be used for flight reservations with price guarantee (Secure your fare) or flight bookings resulting from a reservation.
- Vouchers cannot be used for flight bookings with infants (up to 2 years).
- If a ticket for which a voucher was redeemed is reimbursed, only the reduced tariff value of the ticket – depending on the tariff terms and conditions attached to the ticket – is reimbursed.
- Vouchers and any residual values resulting from their use cannot be paid in cash.
- If the value of a ticket bought with a voucher is used as a down payment for a higher-priced ticket (e.g. towards a higher tariff, flight rebooking), only the reduced value of the ticket is put towards the value of the new ticket.
- The passenger receipt, which serves as an invoice for flight tickets, only shows the reduced ticket price.
- The voucher is intended for personal use only. Its resale or any other transfer to a third party is prohibited. In the event of a contravention, Lufthansa, or a third party authorized by Lufthansa, reserves the right to refuse to redeem the voucher.
- Lufthansa reserves the right to cancel a voucher at any time. Limit per promotion is one voucher per person. Lufthansa reserves the right to cancel the booking when the same passenger uses several vouchers.