United Airlines has launched 24-hour Flash Sale for buying MileagePlus miles at up to 100% bonus that is valid for purchases made today only (November 29).
United Airlines has promotions pretty much every month for buying miles, but they all max out at a 100% bonus or a 50% discount (exactly the same offer because United usually limits the number of miles one can purchase per year including any possible bonuses to 150K).
You can access this offer and check your bonus percentage on United’s website here.
My Bonus table:
Price at the 100% bonus:
The price of a mile at the 100% bonus when buying the maximum amount is 1.88 cents each.
Does it make sense to purchase United miles?
If you use them for international business or first class tickets between expensive city pairs, then the answer is still likely yes.
United Airlines made some changes to the MileagePlus awards effective November 1, 2017. You can read more about these developments here.
This is the lowest price that United Airlines sells MileagePlus miles few times throughout the year. Good time to buy if you need them for awards right now.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT on November 29, 2017.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 75,000 miles.
- Bonuses will be calculated on a per transaction basis only. The bonus amount applicable to a transaction is shown in the chart. Transactions may not be aggregated to calculate the bonus.
- Bonus Miles will generally be credited to the recipient’s MileagePlus account when the transaction is complete; provided that certain transactions may take up to 48 hours.
- Bonus miles count towards the 150,000 mile annual limit per account.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Pricing is only available for purchases made through buymiles.mileageplus.com
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles. Transaction will appear as ‘Points United Miles’.