British Airways Executive Club has launched 50% off Economy Award sale for travel to/from Heathrow or Gatwick airports.
The sale is valid for travel between January 4 – June 30, 2018, and must be booked by December 17. Traveler is required to pay full taxes and fees (those nasty fuel surcharges).
You can access this offer on BA’s website here.
Here are some examples from BA:
Note that these examples are for return travel.
This sale may first appears to be great until you see the sometimes eye-wateringly high fuel surcharges that BA charges on award redemptions that may sometimes be roughly the same that paid ticket costs.
You may save, however, if you take advantage of this award sale when the paid tickets are expensive and you are willing to travel inlomng-haul economy (not usually the best use of miles).
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- Book directly with British Airways between 30 November and 17 December 2017 for travel between 4 January and 30 June 2018.
- This offer applies to both peak and off-peak Avios prices and can be booked by any British Airways Executive Club Member with a sufficient Avios balance.
- The required amount of Avios for reward flights in the World Traveller Cabin, travelling to or from London Heathrow or London Gatwick will be reduced by 50%.
- The full airline taxes, fees and Carrier charges will apply per person, per flight.
- Discounts are available on direct one-way and return British Airways operated flights in the World Traveller cabin only.
- All flights are subject to Executive Club Terms and Conditions and British Airways Conditions of Carriage.
- Reward flights are strictly subject to availability which may be very limited or not available at all on some routes including Sydney, Santiago de Chile, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, San Jose (Costa Rica) and Grenada.
- Reward flights may not be available on some dates.
- No registration is required.
- Not to be combined with any other offer.