Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to British Airways Business Class excursion fares between London and San Francisco.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here)
- Fare: British Airways (BA) ILX4T4S4 LON to OAK
- Booking class: I (Business Class)
- Price: from £1010 (£471 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: permitted Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu on each transatlantic sector
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 07JAN through 28FEB
- Flight restrictions: the fare component must be on any BA flight operated by BA on nonstop/direct flights
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 14 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: until the first Sunday after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure
- Stopovers: No stopovers permitted
- Transfers: No transfers permitted
- Blackout dates: do not apply
- Travel restrictions: do not apply
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 14DEC 17
- Changes: changes not permitted
- Cancellations: Ticket is non-refundable
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for January to February 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline.com:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for LGW-OAK round trip travel on BA operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
It seems that BA is willing to match Norwegian Airlines prices ex-Gatwick, even in the premium cabins! The downside of this fare is the zero flexibility this fare offers, no changes and no cancellations.