Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to United Airlines low/off-peak season business class advanced purchase round trip fares between New York City and Barcelona.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: United (UA) PLNC33S EWR to BCN
- Booking class: P (Business Class)
- Price: from $2025 ($980 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 16DEC 17 through 19DEC 17 or 24DEC 17 through 06JAN 18 for each transatlantic sector
- Flight restrictions: all sectors must be on any UA flights (including codeshares)
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 14 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: 3 days after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 6 months after departure
- Stopovers: no stopovers permitted
- Transfers: 5 transfers permitted in each direction: 3 in Europe and 2 in North America
- Blackout dates: do not apply
- Travel restrictions: do not apply
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 08DEC 17
- Changes: charge $450 for reissue/revalidation
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for December 2017 to January 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline.com:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for EWR-BCN round trip travel on UA operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Great fare with very limited availability over Christmas and New Year’s Eve. Why UA calls it a low/off-peak season fare I don’t understand!
Both Delta (fare basis: ZL3X42D1) and American Airlines (fare basis: ILN4T2S5) are matching this fare.