Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Qatar Airways midweek business class excursion round trip fares between Sweden/Norway and Australia.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here):
- Fare: Qatar Airways (QR) RJSEP4ZX/ RJNOP4ZX STO/OSL to PER/ADE/MEL
- Booking class: R (Business Class)
- Price: from $1685 ($1124 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges)
- Day/Time restrictions: outbound permitted Monday through Thursday
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply
- Flight restrictions: all sectors must be on QR metal
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 6 days before departure
- Minimum stay requirements: 4 days after departure
- Maximum stay requirements: 1 month after departure
- Stopovers: 1 stopovers permitted in DOH (max. 96 hours)
- Transfers: unlimited transfers permitted
- Blackout dates: travel is not permitted 15DEC 17 through 07JAN 18
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 22DEC 17 and on/before 23Mar 18
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 15DEC 17
- Changes: charge $400 for reissue/revalidation; charge $1000 for no-show
- Cancellations: charge $800 for cancel/refund; charge $2000 for no-show
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability for January to February 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline.com:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for OSL-DOH-ADL round trip travel on QR operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Qatar should stop running these promos and declare these fares ex-Scandinavia their regular fares, as they seem to be rolled over every time a promo ends.
Excellent price, but zero flexibility, so book only if plans are final.