Avianca LifeMiles has previously launched a new promotion for buying miles and is offering up to 125% bonus for purchases made until December 20, 2017.
LifeMiles members can purchase up to 200,000 miles every calendar year. Some members may have higher, individually targeted offers than others.
You can access this offer on Avianca’s website here.
Note that the bonus amount is dependent on the number of LifeMiles you intent to purchase and the account had to be open at the time the promotion started (you can not open brand new accounts to take advantage of active promotions).
This is the bonus table I received in my LifeMiles promotional email:
Keep in mind you can get the 25% bonus already when you purchase 101,000 Lifemiles and above so there is no need to purchase higher amounts unless you want to.
The price of a ‘LifeMile’ (one) purchased at the 125% bonus level is 1.47 cents each. Which is pretty much the standard price LifeMiles have been going for. You’re also always able to supplement 1000 LifeMiles for $15 cash (dynamic pricing) through the cash&points redemption option.
LifeMiles used to be very good award option before the award charts were devalued few times. You can still can find LifeMiles useful to utilize for certain routings.
I would not purchase them (especially in large quantities) unless you have clear plan to use them immediately or in the near future and award availability exists using LifeMiles.
These are the Terms & Conditions for this current promotion:
- This promotion applies for miles purchases made between November 28th and December 20th, 2017 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador).
- For LifeMiles members that have Colombia, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Chile or Venezuela as their country of residence in their Member’s profile the bonus percentage applies as follows: for purchases from 1,000 – 10,000 LifeMiles receive 2×1, for purchases from 11,000 –40,000 LifeMiles receive 2×1 + 15% additional miles, for purchases from 41,000 – 200,000 receive 2×1 + 25% additional miles.
- For LifeMiles members that have any other country as their country of residence in their Member’s profile the bonus percentage applies as follows: The bonus percentage apply as follows: for purchases from 1,000 – 50,000 LifeMiles receive 2×1, for purchases from 51,000 – 100,000 LifeMiles receive 2×1 + 15% additional miles, for purchases from 101,000 – 200,000 receive 2×1 + 25% additional miles.
- The bonuses are calculated based on the miles purchased per individual transaction without taking into account the 2×1 bonus.
- The miles must be purchased in multiples of 1,000.
- The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is 1,000 LifeMiles.
- The maximum miles to purchase per transaction during this promotion to receive the bonus established above is 200,000 LifeMiles if the Member has not purchased miles in 2017 or 200,000 LifeMiles minus the miles previously purchased by the Member in 2017.
- The Member may purchase miles outside of the limits showed above but in such case the transactions will be processed but no bonuses will be granted.
- The maximum amount of miles to receive by a member per calendar year outside of this promotion is 200,000 LifeMiles (including miles purchased and bonuses received). If the member surpasses the limit, through purchases made during this promotion and other purchases in 2017, taking into account the bonuses received for those purchases, he or she will not be able to purchase any more miles until the next calendar year.
- Each package of 1,000 LifeMiles costs USD $33.00 without applicable taxes and USD $40.26* including applicable taxes according to correspondence country registered in the LifeMiles database**
- Only form of payment through Avianca’s Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca’s Information Centers. The receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles accrued to the member´s account, including the bonus miles and the total charge for the transaction.
- The miles purchased and earned with this promotion do not apply to achieve or maintain the Elite status.
- The purchase of miles is not reversible or refundable. The purchase of miles is an immediate execution contract. Once the payment is made, the miles will be accrued immediately on the members account. As of that moment the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program. For these reasons the purchase of miles is a contract that cannot be resolved and retraction or similar rights according to applicable law are not applicable.
- Miles are not endorsable.
- Miles purchase is available through Avianca´s Call Centers, LifeMiles.com and Avianca Information Centers. For residents of Curacao it is only available through LifeMiles.com and Avianca’s Call Centers. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com.
- Does not apply to the Flexible Redemption (LifeMiles + Money) during the payment process of air ticket redemption.
- Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles Program Terms and Conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption.