Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to China Eastern Airlines and their business class excursion fares for round trip travel between Canada and China.
- Fare: China Eastern (MU) IPRCA YVR to BJS
- Booking class: I (Business Class).
- Price: from $1863 ($1554 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: transpacific sectors must be on MU metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: do not apply.
- Maximum stay requirements: 6 months after departure.
- Stopovers: 3 stopovers permitted in each direction at CNY 1000 each (~$152).
- Transfers: unlimited transfers permitted.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 13JAN 18 and on/before 20FEB 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 23DEC 18.
- Changes: Charge CAD 100 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: Charge CAD 100 for refund.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from January to February 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated for YVR-PVG-PEK round trip travel on MU operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Business class fares to Asia ex-Vancouver are usually cheaper than from USA west coast airports. This fare offers some good accruals and reasonable change/cancellation fees.