Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to British Airways and their first class fares for round trip travel between London and the United States.
I first learned about this fare on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: British Airways (BA) ALX5T1S6/ANX5T1S6 LON to PHL/NYC/CHI
- Booking class: A (First Class)
- Price: from £1805 (£1268 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: outbound permitted TUE/WED/THU/FRI/SAT on each transatlantic sector. Inbound permitted MON/TUE/WED/SAT/SUN on each transatlantic sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: for fare ALX5T1S6, permitted 18DEC through 06JAN or 26MAY through 02JUN or 21NOV through 28NOV for each transatlantic sector. For fare ANX5T1S6, seasonal restrictions do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: transatlantic sectors must be on BA flights (including codeshares).
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 50 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: until the first Sunday after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: stopovers not permitted.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction free.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: reservations must be made on/before 30JAN 18.
- Changes: charge £300 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: charge £150 for cancel/refund. After departure ticket is non-refundable.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from April to August 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit for LHR-PHL round trip travel on BA operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
First Class fares under £2000 ex-London are not that common, so pricewise this is a good fare. On the down side, BA does not get great reviews lately on their first class product…