Singapore Airlines and Shangri-La launched Infinite Journeys partnership last year (read more here) for some reciprocal elite benefits and seems to mainly run coordinated promotions for now.
KrisFlyer members can earn double miles for a trip originating from Mainland China or Hong Kong and Golden Circle members double points between February 1 – May 31, 2018. Both offers must be booked between December 27 – January 18.
You can access this offer on Infinite Journey’s website here.
Note that to take advantage of any these two offers you must have linked your KrisFlyer and Golden Circle accounts.
Golden Circle member address must be in China or Hong Kong to earn the double points. To earn the double KrisFlyer miles, the trip merely needs to originate in either China or Hong Kong.
Read the fine print associated with these two promotions.
Not sure how well received this Infinite Journey marketing partnership has been among the KrisFlyer and Golden Circle members?
I am KrisFlyer Gold but haven’t even linked my accounts because it is several years since my last Shangri-La stay.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Double GC Award Points are only applicable to Golden Circle members residing in Mainland China or Hong Kong. Double miles are only applicable to KrisFlyer members whose Singapore Airlines or SilkAir tickets originate from Mainland China or Hong Kong.
- All bookings must be made between 27 December 2017 and 18 January 2018 (both dates inclusive), for travels or stays from 1 February to 31 May 2018 (both dates inclusive).
- To qualify for this promotion, travellers must be Golden Circle and KrisFlyer members who have both their membership accounts linked at the time of booking; eligible bookings must be made with and tagged to valid Golden Circle and KrisFlyer membership numbers.
- To enjoy double KrisFlyer miles on their first round trip, the member’s ticket must originate from Mainland China or Hong Kong, to any destination operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir. Originating cities include Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Kunming, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Wuhan, Xiamen and Hong Kong.
- A round trip refers to a trip where the outbound and inbound flights return to the same airport.
- All Singapore Airlines or SilkAir cabin classes and booking classes are eligible for this promotion, except Group fares (G), codeshare and redemption award tickets.
- Bookings will not be eligible for double KrisFlyer miles if changes to the booking are made after the eligible booking period.
- Double KrisFlyer miles will be awarded for only the first round trip completed between 1 February and 31 May 2018 (i.e. flights completed after the first round trip are ineligible for additional double KrisFlyer miles).
- For bookings made using miles and cash, double miles will only be awarded based on the distance travelled that was paid in cash or credit card, excluding any distance redeemed with KrisFlyer miles. Tier bonus is not included in the calculation.
- Singapore Airlines fare deals are available for tickets originating from Mainland China to Australia, Indonesia (Bali, Denpasar), Maldives (Male) and Sri Lanka (Colombo); and originating from Hong Kong to India (Delhi and Bengaluru), Indonesia (Bali, Denpasar), Maldives (Male), Singapore, Sri Lanka (Colombo) and UAE (Dubai). For the latest available fare deals, please refer to singaporeair.com and silkair.com
- To enjoy double GC Award Points with daily breakfast for two, the member must quote the promotion code “GCIJ” when booking directly with participating Shangri-La properties.
- Double KrisFlyer miles will be automatically credited to your KrisFlyer membership account within eight weeks after the completion of your flights.
- Double GC Award Points will be automatically credited to your Golden Circle membership account within eight weeks after the completion of this promotion.
- KrisFlyer terms and conditions apply. For the full terms and conditions, click here. For details on KrisFlyer miles accrual levels, click here.
- Golden Circle terms and conditions apply. For the full terms and conditions, click here.
- In the event of inconsistencies between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Here are the frequently asked questions:
Booking Period refers to 27 December 2017 to 18 January 2018 (both dates inclusive).
Fly/Stay Period refers to 1 February to 31 May 2018 (both dates inclusive).
- Can I enjoy either the offer of double KrisFlyer miles or double GC Award points ?Yes, you can enjoy either offer from Singapore Airlines/SilkAir or Shangri-La, or both offers if you meet the requirements.
- FOR SINGAPORE AIRLINES AND SILKAIR FLIGHTS
- I linked my accounts before 27 December 2017. If I book a round trip before/on 18 January 2018 for travel during the Fly/Stay Period, is my round trip eligible for double KrisFlyer miles?Yes, your round trip will be eligible for double KrisFlyer miles.
- I made my booking between 27 December 2017 and 18 January 2018.
- My departure flight is before the Fly/Stay Period (e.g. 30 December 2017) but my return flight is within the Fly/Stay period (e.g. 5 February 2018). Is my booking eligible for double KrisFlyer miles?No, both the departure and return flights must be within the Fly/Stay period to be eligible for double KrisFlyer miles.
- My flights are within the Fly/Stay Period. The destination of my departure flight and departing city of my return flight are different cities (i.e. an open-jaw ticket from Beijing to Singapore, then Kuala Lumpur back to Beijing). Is my booking considered a round trip and eligible for double KrisFlyer miles? Yes, double KrisFlyer miles will be applied to both flights, so long as the outbound flight and inbound flight return to the same airport during the Fly/Stay Period.
- My flights are within the Fly/Stay Period and I’m travelling with stopovers. My itinerary of four flights is as follows: Hong Kong – Singapore (stopover in Singapore), Singapore – Bali, Bali – Singapore (stopover in Singapore) and Singapore – Hong Kong. Am I eligible for double KrisFlyer miles for my itinerary?Yes, double KrisFlyer miles will be applied to all four flights.
- FOR STAYS AT SHANGRI-LA
- I linked my accounts before 27 December 2017. If I book an eligible stay under the Best Available Rate before/on 18 January 2018 for a stay during the Fly/Stay Period, is my stay eligible for double GC Award Points with complimentary breakfast for two?Yes, your stay will be eligible for double GC Award Points with complimentary breakfast for two, as long as you quote promotion code “GCIJ” when you book direct with Shangri-La on the Best Available Rate at participating properties.
- Can I enjoy this offer for eligible stays at Kerry hotel, Traders hotel or Hotel Jen?Yes, you can enjoy double GC Award Points with complimentary breakfast for two during your eligible stay at any participating Shangri-La hotel and resort, Kerry hotel, Traders hotel or Hotel Jen worldwide.