Today’s Airfare of the Day goes JAL Japan Airlines and their 2nd level business class advanced purchase round trip fares between Southern California and Vietnam.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: JAL (JL) IHU0V8O1 LAX to SGN.
- Booking class: I (Business Class).
- Price: from $2339 ($2136 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: permitted Sunday through Thursday on each transpacific sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: the fare component must be on any JL flight operated by JL.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: until first Sunday after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: 1 stopover permitted in each direction at $100.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 04JAN 18.
- Changes: charge $400 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: charge $500 for cancel/refund. Charge $800 for no-show/refund.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from January to November 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for LAX-NRT-SGN round trip travel on JL operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
This is not an excellent fare, but it’s a good one, especially if you can get the new Sky Suites, JAL’s newest business class product. Book by today!