SPG has launched a SPG For The Win-win-promotion for Travel Professionals that arrange events and meetings on behalf of clients.
SPG For The Win-win-promo awards bonus Starpoints based on the number of nights consumed and matching rewards through March 31, 2018.
You can access this offer on SPG’s website here.
READ MORE: SPG Rate & Bonus Points Promotions
Note that you should consult the list of participating properties first (rather long).
Here are the rewards you can earn from this event promo:
• Earn 1 Starpoint for every US$3 of eligible group revenue, up to 20,000 Starpoints per contract.
• Plus, you can pass on additional rewards to your clients. Ask your Sales Associate for offers that can
be combined with this or any other promotion.
• You’ll also earn a signing bonus of 1,000 Starpoints for every 10 eligible room nights booked, up to a
maximum of 100,000 Starpoints (certain limitations apply).
Most of the chains are offering incentives for Travel Professionals to get share of their business and SPG is not alone here.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
If a travel professional books a meeting or an event at a Participating Property between October 19, 2017 and March 31, 2018, that has an arrival date on or before March 31, 2018, a minimum of 10 guest rooms booked on the peak night (the “Eligible Event”), and satisfies the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- the travel professional booking the Eligible Event will receive a signing bonus of 1,000 Starpoints® for every 10 room nights booked up to a maximum of 100,000 Starpoints per Eligible Event, if he/she is a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program (an “SPG Member”); and
- after the final invoice is paid for each Eligible Event, the travel professional will receive one base Starpoint for every 3 US dollar or the currency equivalent that is incurred and paid for the Eligible Event under the applicable Eligible Event agreement (including all group room revenue, meeting room revenue, and catering revenue, and excluding tax, gratuities, and related charges), if he/she is an SPG® Member. Any Starpoints awarded pursuant to this promotion are in addition to any Starpoints that may be awarded to the customer for whom the travel professional is booking the Eligible Event.
Terms & Conditions
Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program may be obtained for free at www.spg.com.
“Peak Night” is defined as the contracted block date with the highest number of guest rooms.
Promotion must be referenced at start of the negotiation process with the Participating Property for the Eligible Event, and is not valid with any room blocks or Eligible Events booked, under negotiation, or that occurred prior to 19 October 2017.
The Customer must be a legal corporate entity with a valid tax ID number, business number, or other equivalent documentation.
In accordance with the laws of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Promotion and the earning of Starpoints do not apply to government employees, officials, employees of State Owned Entities (SOEs) and those acting on behalf of government agencies, departments and SOEs when booking an event on behalf of their employing entity, as well as intermediaries when booking on behalf of a non-U.S. governmental entity or SOE.
The SPG Member must provide his/her SPG Member number in the Eligible Event Agreement or to the applicable Participating Property at the time of booking.
The SPG Program Terms apply to the SPG Member’s use of Starpoints awarded under the Promotion.
If the Eligible Event is canceled, the Starpoint signing bonus may be removed from the SPG Member’s account.
Promotion is valid only at Participating Properties.
To the extent that terms are capitalized in these terms and conditions, the terms have the meanings specified in the SPG Program Terms.
Marriott International, Inc. and its affiliates are not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
Promotion is void where prohibited by law.
Marriott International, Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to discontinue the Promotion at any time.