Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to LATAM Airlines and their business class restricted round trip fares between USA and South Africa.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: LATAM (JJ) ZEEEV58Q MIA to JNB
- Booking class: Z (Business Class).
- Price: from $2322 ($2220 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: all sectors must be on JJ/LA metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 14 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: 7 days after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: 3 stopovers permitted limited to 1 free and 2 at $100 each.
- Transfers: unlimited transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: do not apply.
- Changes: charge $300 for no-show/reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: charge $370 for refund.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from January to June and from August to October 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for MIA-GRU-JNB round trip travel on JJ marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
This fare has great accrual on Alaska Airlines, and it’s an excellent price ex-USA. The free stopover can be interesting if you have some spare days to spend in Brazil!