Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to American Airlines/British Airways and their First Class round trip fares between Scandinavia and North America.
It looks like AA/BA are offering a similar fare to the one we discussed a few days ago from Scandinavia to Hawaii (access here) but for several other destinations in North America.
- Fare: American (AA) ILN8T8S4/INN8T8S4 OSL/ARN/GOT to BOS/CHI/NYC/WAS/YUL/LAS/LAX/SFO (possibly valid also for other destinations).
- Booking class: A (First Class).
- Price: from £2038 (£1710 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: Permitted Monday through Thursday.
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: transatlantic sectors must be on AA/BA/AY/IB metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 28 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: until the first Sunday after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: stopovers not permitted.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/before 31AUG 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 04FEB 18.
- Changes: changes not permitted.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find open availability for all routes from February to August 2018 using Matrix. Here is, for example, the availability for OSL-BOS:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for OSL-LHR-LBOS round trip travel on BA operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
American Airlines is selling British Airways First Class seats (on codeshare codes) for a much lower price than British Airways is asking for those seats!
This fare may work for any North America destination, as it includes connection flights (like for example, Montreal from Philadelphia). If you find any other interesting destination, add it to the comments!