Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Garuda Indonesia and their basic season business class excursion round trip fares between London and Bangkok.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here):
- Fare: Garuda Indonesia (GA) IL1MUK LON to BKK.
- Booking class: I (Business Class).
- Price: from £1088 (£800 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 01JAN through 27MAR or 11APR through 12JUL or 16AUG through 08DEC or 25DEC through 31DEC.
- Flight restrictions: all sectors must be on any GA flights, including codeshares.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors. Ticketing must be completed at least 3 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: 3 days after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 1 month after departure.
- Stopovers: unlimited stopovers permitted in each direction.
- Transfers: do not apply.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 08JAN 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 31MAR 19.
- Changes: changes not permitted.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from February to December 2018 using Matrix (although Matrix lists this fare for £1288)
This fare can be booked on Garuda Indonesia for £1088
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for LHR-CGK-BKK round trip travel on GA marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Garuda Indonesia offers an excellent Business Class product, and has been awarded with the Skytrax 5-star airline recognition. The price is excellent considering it’s ex-London, that uses to be an expensive market due to the volume of business travel they have. Downpoint: no changes or cancellations.