Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to China Airlines and their special excursion premium economy round trip fares between Australia and Europe.
I first learned of this fare on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: China Airlines (CI) EAS25F SYD to AMS
- Booking class: E (Premium Economy)
- Price: from A$1542 (A$1352 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 13JAN 18 though 12DEC 18 on the first international sector.
- Flight restrictions: travel between SYD and TPE must be on flight CI 056. All segments must be on Ci metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: do not apply.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: unlimited stopovers permitted, limited to 1 free and unlimited at A$200 each.
- Transfers: unlimited transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 13JAN 18 and on/before 12DEC 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/after 13JAN 18 and on/before 28FEB 18
- Changes: charge A$200 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from February to December 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on China Airlines:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for SYD-TPE-AMS round trip travel on CI marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Premium tickets ex-Australia are usually expensive and good deals are rare. China Airlines offers a decent premium economy product and stopover in Taipei to break the log trip. This fare may be available from other Australian airports connecting through SYD on QF.