IHG Rewards Club just shared with us a sneak peek of PointBreaks hotels that will be available for bookings on Monday for stays between January 29 – April 30, 2018. There will be more than 200 hotels on the full PointBreaks list this time.
IHG will move away from the flat 5,000 points per night pricing and introduce hotels at 5,000, 10,000 and 15,000 points and members can also then book using Points + Cash.
You can access IHG page for PointBreaks here.
Note that the IHG’s PointBreaks page won’t be updated with the new list before noon on Monday. We should have the full preview list available some time on Friday.
Remember that you still have few hours to participate our giveaway for 100,000 IHG Rewards Club points. The Giveaway ends at 11:59PM EST on Friday. You can access the giveaway here.
Here’s the sneak peek provided by IHG:
- Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie (Malaysia) (5,000 points)
- InterContinental® Nairobi (Kenya) (10,000 points)
- Holiday Inn San Antonio Northwest (US) (10,000 points)
- InterContinental Cali (Colombia) (10,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Express London – Newbury Park (UK) (10,000 points)
- InterContinental Sao Paolo (Brazil) (15,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre (Finland) (15,000 points)
- Crowne Plaza Berlin – Potsdamer Platz (Germany) (15,000 points)
I believe that it was inevitable for IHG to move away from the flat 5,000 per night if they were to include any of the better hotels such as the InterContinental Sao Paulo that is usually quite expensive (and where I will be in about weeks time).
The new PointBreaks should be available for bookings at noon on Monday and IHG has indicated that they are making the full preview list available again on Friday.
We will have separate posts up when the full preview is available tomorrow and when the PointBreaks have become bookable on Monday.
I think that this must be the first time that I have stayed at half of the hotels on the sneak preview list (InterContinental Cali, InterContinental Sao Paulo, Holiday Inn Glenmarie and Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre).