Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to China Airlines and their special excursion premium economy round trip fares between Australia and the United States.
This fare seems to be the same Premium Economy fare Sydney to Europe that we discussed last week (access here), also valid for US destinations.
- Fare: China Airlines (CI) EAS25F SYD to AMS
- Booking class: E (Premium Economy)
- Price: from A$1542 (A$1352 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 13JAN 18 though 12DEC 18 on the first international sector.
- Flight restrictions: travel between SYD and TPE must be on flight CI 056. All segments must be on Ci metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: do not apply.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: unlimited stopovers permitted, limited to 1 free and unlimited at A$200 each.
- Transfers: unlimited transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 13JAN 18 and on/before 12DEC 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/after 13JAN 18 and on/before 28FEB 18
- Changes: charge A$200 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from February to December 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on China Airlines:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for SYD-TPE-JFK round trip travel on CI marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Premium tickets ex-Australia are usually expensive and good deals are rare. China Airlines offers a decent premium economy product and stopover in Taipei to break the log trip. This fare may be available from other Australian airports connecting through SYD on QF.