Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to American Airlines and their premium economy round trip fares between Los Angeles and Shanghai.
- Fare: American (AA) SLX0C8N1 LAX to SHA
- Booking class: P (Premium Economy)
- Price: from $1158 (from $710 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: permitted Monday through Thursdays on each transpacific sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: From LAX – permitted 01JAN through 17APR or 27AUG through 03OCT or 24OCT through 09DEC on the outbound transpacific sector.
- Flight restrictions: transpacific sectors must be on AA metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: 3 days after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: do not apply.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: from area 1 – travel is not permitted 22FEB 18 through 24FEB 18 or 01MAR 18 through 03MAR 18. To area 1 – travel is not permitted 27JUL 18 through 24AUG 18 or 08FEB 18 through 10FEB 18 or 15FEB 18 through 17FEB 18.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 26JAN 17.
- Sales restrictions: do not apply
- Changes: charge $250 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/refund/no-show.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from March to April and from August to November 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for LAX-PVG round trip travel on AA marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
This seems to be AA’s regular low/off-peak season from Los Angeles to Shanghai, on their new Premium Economy product on the B787-9. Tickets are non-refundable and with an expensive change fee.