Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to the SkyTeam transatlantic partners, Delta/Air France/KLM and their low/off-peak season and midweek 2nd level business class advance purchase round trip fares between Germany and the United States.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access original post here).
- Fare: Air France (AF)/Delta (DL)/KLM (KL) ZL4P9EU/ZKX6P9EU MUC/DUS/FRA to CHI/NYC
- Booking class: Z (Business Class)
- Price: from 1343 € (from 737 € Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: ZKX6P9EU from Germany – permitted MON/TUE/WED/SUN on each transatlantic sector. To Germany – permitted TUE/WED/THU on each transatlantic sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: ZL4P9EU from Germany – permitted 25MAR 18 through 01APR 18 or 23JUN 18 through 26AUG 18 for each transatlantic sector. To Germany – permitted 26MAR 18 through 04APR 18 or 30JUN 18 through 02SEP 18 for each transatlantic sector. ZKX6P9EU from Germany – permitted 02APR 18 through 22JUN 18 or 27AUG 18 through 31OCT 18 for each transatlantic sector. To Germany – permitted 05APR 18 THROUGH 29JUN 18 OR 03SEP 18 THROUGH 31OCT 18 for each transatlantic sector.
- Flight restrictions: transpacific sectors must be on AF/KL/DL/AZ metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors. Ticketing must be completed at least 14 days (ZL4P9EU) or 60 days (ZKX6P9EU) before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: until first Sunday after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 3 months after departure.
- Stopovers: stopovers not permitted.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: do not apply.
- Changes: ZL4P9EU – charge 150 € for reissue/revalidation. ZKX6P9EU – charge 300 € for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: ZL4P9EU – Ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show. ZKX6P9EU – Charge 400 € for cancel.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from March to October 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Delta.com:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for FRA-JFK round trip travel on DL marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Transatlantic business class fares are usually cheaper ex-Europe than ex-USA. This is a good price that seems not to have a purchase date limit, but with limited flexibility.