Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Lufthansa and their midweek business class – round trip fares between the United States and Germany.
- Fare: Lufthansa (LH) PUAX10 NYC to FRA
- Booking class: P (Business Class)
- Price: from $2205 (from $1062 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: outbound – permitted Mon through Wed on each transatlantic sector. Inbound – permitted Tue through Thu on each transatlantic sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: transatlantic sectors must be on LH metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors. Ticketing must be completed at least 14 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: until first Sunday after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 3 months after departure.
- Stopovers: do not apply.
- Transfers: 3 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 08FEB 18.
- Changes: charge $450 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: charge $450 for cancel/refund.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from February to December 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Lufthansa.com:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for JFK-FRA round trip travel on LH marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Good price ex-NYC to Europe. On the downside, the expensive change/cancellation fees. This is one of the infamous Lufthansa group (LH/LX/SN…) P-class business class reduced fares with no flexibility and limited accruals.
Singapore Airlines is offering a slightly more expensive fare (about $2400) in business class from Newark Intl. (EWR) to Frankfurt airport.