Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to American Airlines and their basic season midweek business class excursion round trip fares between Toronto and Beijing.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access original post here).
- Fare: American (AA) ILX0C8O1 YTO to BJS
- Booking class: I (Business Class)
- Price: from $2070 (from $1693 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: permitted Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu on each transpacific sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 20Jan 18 through 30APR 18 on the outbound transpacific sector.
- Flight restrictions: transpacific sectors must be on AA metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: travel from turnaround must commence no earlier than 12 hours after arrival at turnaround.
- Maximum stay requirements: 6 months after departure.
- Stopovers: 1 stopover permitted in each direction at $100 each.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 30APR 18.
- Changes: charge $400 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from February to April 2018 using Matrix, although Matrix lists this fare for $2076:
This fare can be booked on Flight Network for $2070:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for YYZ-ORD-PEK round trip travel on AA marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Similar fares are also available on United (PKX0WDM8/$2268) and Delta (ZLX0ZPDB/$2269).