Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to British Airways and their premium economy round trip fares between New York and Madrid.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access original post here).
- Fare: British Airways (BA) TLN3Z2S5 TKN3Z2S5 NYC to MAD
- Booking class: T (Premium Economy)
- Price: from $816 (from $420 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: TLN3Z2S5 permitted 24DEC Through 06APR or 30OCT through 15DEC for each transatlantic sector. TKN3Z2S5 permitted 07APR through 05JUN or 23AUG through 29OCT or 16DEC through 23DEC for each transatlantic sector.
- Flight restrictions: The fare must be on any BA flights, including IB codeshares.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors. Ticketing must be completed at least 3 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: 3 days after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 6 months after departure.
- Stopovers: stopovers not permitted.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 06MAY 17.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on BA stock.
- Changes: charge $275 for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from February to May and from August to December 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for JFK-MAD round trip travel on BA marketedIB operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
This fare is BA selling IB Premium Economy seats for $400 cheaper than IB! It doesn’t seem to have an expiration date, so sales are open until EOS. Non-cancellable and with expensive change fees: book with caution.