Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to LATAM Airlines and their business class restricted round trip fares between Brazil and South Africa.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: LATAM (LA) ZEEEVH0E RIO to JNB
- Booking class: Z (Business Class)
- Price: from $942 (from $850 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: Transatlantic sectors must be on LA/JJ metal.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: 5 days or until first Sunday after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: 3 stopovers permitted on the pricing unit, limited to 1 free and 2 at USD 100 each.
- Transfers: unlimited transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 01APR 18. All travel must be completed by midnight on 30APR 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 25FEB 18.
- Changes: charge USD 250 or 90% of base fare –whichever is lower- for reissue/revalidation.
- Cancellations: charge USD 250 for cancel/refund.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find limited availability GIG-GRU-JNB for April 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for GIG-GRU-JNB round trip travel on LA marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Another good LA price ex-GIG. It seems they are currently running several business class promos ex-GIG and ex-GRU.
There is a similar fare to JNB ex-GRU (LATAM (JJ) ZEEEV55E SAO to JNB) for $1025 with availability from April to June.