Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Delta Airlines and Virgin Atlantic and their midweek business class excursion round trip fares between London and several destinations in the United States
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: Delta (DL)Virgin Atlantic (VS) ZLUPW7MX LON to OAK/SJC/AUS/PHX/DEN/SAN
- Booking class: Z (Business Class)
- Price: from £963 (from £712 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: permitted MON through THU on each transatlantic sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: from United Kingdom – permitted 09FEB 18 through 21MAR 18 or 28OCT 18 through 11DEC 18 or 24DEC 18 through 31DEC 18 or 01JAN 19 through 02JAN 19 or 15FEB 19 through 29MAR 19 for each transatlantic sector. To United Kingdom – permitted 14FEB 18 through 31MAR 18 or 29OCT 18 through 31DEC 18 or 20FEB 19 through 06APR 19 for each transatlantic sector
- Flight restrictions: All sectors must be on any DL/VS/BE/HA flight, including codeshares.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 6 months before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: until first Sunday after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months after departure.
- Stopovers: stopovers not permitted.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 01APR 18. All travel must be completed by midnight on 30APR 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 31DEC 18.
- Changes: changes not permitted.
- Cancellations: tickets are non-refundable.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find limited availability for October to December 2018 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for LHR-MSP-DEN round trip travel on DL marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Transatlantic sectors on this fare can be booked both on Delta One or Virgin Atlantic Upper Class. I rather do VS!
The price is more than right but the downside is the zero flexibility this fare offers: no changes or refunds.