Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to the Garuda Indonesia and their basic season business class excursion round trip fares between London and Sydney.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: Garuda Indonesia (GA) IL1MUK LON to SYD
- Booking class: I (Business Class)
- Price: from £1870 (from £1446 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 01JAN through 27MAR or 11APR through 12JUL or 16AUG through 08DEC or 25DEC through 31DEC.
- Flight restrictions: All sectors must be on GA flights, including codeshares.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors. Ticketing must be completed at least 3 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: 3 days after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 1 month after departure.
- Stopovers: unlimited stopovers permitted.
- Transfers: do not apply.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 08JAN 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 31MAR 19.
- Changes: changes not permitted.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from March to December 2018 using Matrix (although Matrix lists it for £2050):
This fare can be booked on Expedia:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for LHR-CGK-SYD round trip travel on GA marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Good price but zero flexibility. Stopovers in CGK or DPS possible on this fare.