Hyatt became investor in Oasis Collection (home rental platform) last year and intend at the time was to bring it under the loyalty program.
Now, Wold of Hyatt members can earn points and elite qualifying nights for their Oasis Collection rentals and use 15,000 points for $200 Oasis credit (terrible value). There is a promotion for 1,000 bonus points per night for stays between March 1 – June 30, 2018.
Here are the Oasis benefits for Hyatt members:
- Earn 5 Base Points per eligible dollar spent on qualifying stays at Oasis
- Elite members earn Bonus Points on eligible spend at Oasis
- Elite members enjoy a welcome amenity at check-in
- Enjoy late checkout—2 p.m. for Discoverists and Explorists; 4 p.m. for Globalists—upon request (subject to availability at some locations)
- Enjoy a $200 stay credit toward an Oasis stay for every 15,000 points you redeem
These Oasis Collection rentals look rather upscale and are priced accordingly. I guess that Hyatt wanted to invest in one of these platforms to have their foot inside the door just in case…
These home rentals make sense if you are looking for accommodations for a family or group of friends when hotels basically price themselves out.
This Oasis Collection locations where they have presence at the moment are just weird. Quite a few locations in Latin America but the entire Asia missing.