Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Cathay Pacific and their midweek business class promotional round trip fares between Chicago and Maldives.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk.
- Fare: Cathay Pacific (CX) IXSPCLRT CHI to MLE
- Booking class: I (business class)
- Price: from $2430 (from $2108 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: permitted Monday through Thursday on each transpacific sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 08MAR 18 through 31AUG 18 for each transpacific sector.
- Flight restrictions: transpacific sectors must be on CX metal. Travel within AREA 3 must be on CX/KA metal. Travel within the United States must be on any AA/CX flights, including codeshares.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: do not apply.
- Maximum stay requirements: 6 months after departure.
- Stopovers: unlimited stopovers permitted in HKG at $200 each.
- Transfers: unlimited transfers permitted in HKG/LAX/SFO.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: valid for travel commencing on/after 08MAR 18 and on/before 31AUG 18.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 30APR 18.
- Cancellations: charge $300 for cancel/refund.
- Changes: charge $300 for reissue/revalidation.
Examples of possible routings:
I was able to find availability from March to August 2018 using Matrix, (although listed for $2567/$2569):
This fare can be booked on Priceline for $2430:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for ORD-HKG-MLE round trip travel on CX marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.
Excellent Cathay Pacific (!) business class fare to Maldives with great accruals especially crediting to Alaska Airlines.
Although the fare does not allow for free stopovers in HKG, please notice that a long (~23h) layover can be sceduled on both directions.