This week the Compensation Clinic-case comes from my stay last month at the Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi.
You can access Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi’s website here.
Here’s what happened:
– Checked in late in the afternoon on Saturday around 520PM.
– Was tired. Went to the room, put the DND hanging outside and went to sleep immediately.
– Was woken by housekeeping staff at 545PM trying to bring slippers and bathrobe despite the DND sign.
– Woke up at 4AM sweating. The AC wasn’t working properly.
– Went to the club lounge with luggage at 8AM ( was leaving to Renasisance) and asked to speak with the MOD. Had a nice chat for 30 minutes or so. She would have wanted to reduce the rate or comp the stay that didn’t work for me. I asked for points. She promised to get back to me in TWO HOURS.
– Four weeks later nobody at the property had gotten back to me. Opened a case with the Guest Assistance. Couple of days later, Guest Assistance replied that they were going to close the case because the property had indicated that they had been in touch with me when they had not.
– Few days later, the property deposited 20,000 points to my account and sent me an email.
Not sure why hotels have such a difficulty with these DND signs? I checked in, was tired and just wanted to sleep. Shouldn’t be novel idea at hotels, right? Although you shouldn’t be sleeping on Saturday night in Sao Paulo!
The front desk manager with whom I spoke with was great and I really thought that she would follow up (she didn’t). The fact that Diamond member opened a Guest Assistance file cost the property $200 in addition to the price of the 20,000 Hilton Honors points that they issued (that IMHO is on the low side considering that they failed to get back to me as promised).
My advice would be to stay away from the Morumbi area hotels and stay either at the Renaissance or InterContinental.