Although it is April Fool’s Day, Hilton Honors has today updated the terms and conditions governing the guest loyalty program effective April 1, 2018.
Most of these changes deal with the discontinuance of the Double Dip, Elite Rollover Nights, Status Gifting, Milestone Bonuses and such.
You can access Hilton’s page for program changes here.
1. Double Dip Gone But Perhaps Not All Airlines Bonus Miles Opportunities
There is an indication that Hilton Honors may continue running bonus miles promotion based on the addition to the T&Cs:
For any other bonuses, including Hilton Honors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses (e.g. promotional miles), Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member will receive stay and night credit for one room only.
2. Milestone Bonuses
Hilton Honors has added long part about the milestone bonuses that member can earn:
Accrual of Milestone Hilton Honors Bonus Points:
- Members will earn a fixed amount of Hilton Honors Bonus Points (Milestone Bonuses) after achieving a certain number of eligible nights during each calendar year.
- Members will earn 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points at 40 eligible nights and 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points for every 10 additional eligible nights thereafter during a calendar year (January 1st through December 31st)
- Members will earn an additional 30,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points on their 60th eligible night per calendar year. These Hilton Honors Bonus Points are in addition to the 10,000 Milestone Bonus Points achieved at that night threshold.
- Within a calendar year, the maximum amount of nights that a member could achieve toward these bonuses is 365 nights equivalent to an additional 360,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per year.
- Members will only receive credit for the nights stayed for one room, not multiple rooms booked for the same duration by the same Hilton Honors Member.
- Milestone Bonuses are considered bonus points and do not count as base points for the purposes of earning status for the calendar year.
- No sign up is required to activate any of the milestone bonuses. They will be credited to member accounts automatically throughout the calendar year in accordance with the Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions.
3. Diamond Status Extension
Hilton had added the Diamond Status Extension requirements.
Diamond status extension
Eligible Diamond members will have a one-time opportunity to extend their Diamond tier status if they will not requalify via stays/nights/Base Points.
- Eligibility requirements:
- Three total years at Diamond status (years do not have to be consecutive)
- At least 250 nights (paid or reward) OR 500,000+ earned Base Points since joining Hilton Honors.
- Members may submit the request at https://diamond-status-extension.hiltonapps.com/
4. Elite Rollover Nights
Nights over over Silver, Gold or Diamond status will rollover ones to the following year after which they expire (won’t rollover year after year).
Elite Rollover Nights
- Members in all elite tiers (Silver, Gold and Diamond Members) are eligible to rollover any qualifying nights in excess of those required to qualify for their elite status level at the end of the calendar year (December 31st).
- Members are only eligible to rollover qualifying nights in excess of those nights required to qualify for a member’s elite status level at the end of the calendar year (Members can rollover nights in excess of 10 eligible nights for Silver, in excess of 40 eligible nights for Gold and in excess of 60 eligible nights for Diamond).
- Elite rollover nights will be counted toward members’ elite status qualification for the following calendar year (January 1st to December 31st). Base Members will not be eligible to rollover elite qualifying nights. Requirements for membership tiers can be viewed in the Hilton Honors Membership Tiers section.
- Elite Rollover Nights are calculated as follows to apply to the next qualifying status year: Total qualifying nights at year end (inclusive of rollover from prior year) – any elite rollover nights from the previous year (now expired) – qualifying nights needed to renew your current elite status tier = elite rollover nights for next year
- Rollover nights are only valid for the next calendar year until December 31st and expire thereafter. Rollover nights cannot be reserved and applied to a second or third year.
- Elite members can only rollover nights. Stays or Base Points are not eligible to rollover to the following calendar year.
- Elite members will rollover their elite qualifying nights even if they have downgraded status during the year. The elite rollover nights will be a calculated in excess of the elite tier status level as of December 31 before applying the calculation.
- Qualifying nights for paid and reward stays (including Points & Money Rewards™ stays) count as full qualifying nights for achieving status and are eligible to be rolled over to the following calendar year. Any elite qualifying nights earned through a promotional offer (i.e. double night credit) are also eligible and will be added to the total amount of rollover nights in excess of the number of nights required to gain elite tier status.
- Elite rollover nights will not count toward Milestone Bonuses and will only count toward a member achieving the next status tier. Requirements for achieving the Milestone Bonuses can be viewed in the Milestone Bonuses section.
- Elite rollover nights will not count toward Elite Status Gifting and will only count toward a member achieving the next status tier. Requirements for being eligible for elite status gifting can be viewed in the Elite Status Gifting section.
5. Points Reinstatement
Hilton Honors used to offer challenges to reinstate expired points and later moved to offer this for cash using Points.com.
Now, they have removed the following text from the T&Cs:
Points Reinstate Hilton Honors members can reinstate up to 1,000,000 expired Hilton Honors Points. Only Points balances that have expired in the previous 18 months are eligible for reinstatement. Only one reinstatement transaction is permitted per Hilton Honors account. Email address is required and will only be used for transaction and marketing communications related to this purchase. Points reinstated do not count towards elite tier qualification. Points.com and Hilton Honors reserve the right to terminate this reinstatement program at any time.
Let’s hope that those airline related bonus miles opportunities are not gone forever because they were really the bright spot with Hilton Honors and unique feature of the program.