Avianca LifeMiles has a current promotion for members who wish to convert their hotel points to airline miles in the LifeMiles program, offering a 25% transfer bonus.
Right off the bat: While many airlines offer such transfer bonuses I don’t consider this a very good deal because in most instances hotel points are worth considerably more either in it’s own currency or more valuable frequent flyer programs where the miles can be used in a more efficient manner.
You can access the LifeMiles offer page here.
Convert your accumulated points with hotels to LifeMiles from April 2nd to May 6th, 2018 and earn an additional 25% miles bonus.
Do not miss the opportunity to get closer to your next adventure! Contact with the hotel and request the transfer of points.
Participating partners in this promotion are:
- IHG Rewards Club
- Hilton Honors
- Le Club Accor
- Marriott Rewards
- Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
- Wyndham Rewards
As mentioned I’m not convinced that any of the above named programs points provide significant value when transferred into LifeMiles especially considering that LifeMiles has very frequent sales where miles are being sold for as little as 1,27 cent per mile.
Starwood transfers into LifeMiles on a 1:1 basis and has a 5,000 mile bonus for 20k transfers so if you find a decent Lifemiles redemptions then this might be the only sensible transfer option to engage in. However as I said I value Starpoints higher than the LifeMiles that would result from such a transfer and wouldn’t really consider moving a large amount from SPG or any program to LifeMiles unless a very good redemption opportunity opens up and is actually bookable (beware of LifeMiles constant website errors and last minute award chart changes).
These are the Terms & Conditions for the promotion:
- This Promotion is valid only to transfer points or miles from participating partners to miles of the LifeMiles program from April 2nd to May 6th, 2018.
- LifeMiles grants a 25% bonus on the miles accrued on the member´s account, product of a transfer of points to LifeMiles. This bonus applies exclusively to participating partners.
- The full list of participating partners in this promotion and the list of participating partners that offer additional bonuses can be found in LifeMiles.com. Each member is responsible for checking if the participant partner is involved in the promotion and their respective applicable bonus, before making the transfer.
- For some of the participating partners’ programs, a charge for the transfer applies in accordance with their conditions or regulations, for which LifeMiles is not responsible. The minimum and maximum quantity of points/miles to transfer or convert to LifeMiles depends on the policies of each partner. Before transferring the points/miles to LifeMiles, the member is responsible of consulting with the partner about its regulations, conditions and charges.
- The transfer of points or miles from participating partners to LifeMiles can also be made to family or friends accounts, according to LifeMiles policies, whenever permitted by the policies of your issuer partner.
- Neither Miles earned through transfer nor bonus Miles earned with this promotion apply to obtain or maintain the LifeMiles Elite Status.
- The LifeMiles bonus along with your Miles will be credited no later than one week after the participating partner reports the request of miles transfer.
- LifeMiles is not responsible for the transfer report request by the partner or by the time each partner takes in doing so.
- Once the points are transferred to LifeMiles, the transaction cannot be reversed.
- Upon completion of the transfer, Terms and Conditions of the LifeMiles Program apply
- Ask participating partners of your interest for additional regulations
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles LTD.