Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer has published their list for the Spontaneous Escapes Redemption Specials valid for travel in July 2018 that need to be booked until the end of June (June 30th).
Singapore Airlines has devalued their KrisFlyer Award Chart recently and also eliminated the 15% online booking discount. At the same time they introduced these promotional awards that allow booking of selected routes under a promotional pricing.
You can access the current list of Spontaneous Escapes here.
Looking for a spontaneous escapade this July? Lock in your getaway now with redemption deals to more than 50 destinations!
Enjoy a 30% miles redemption discount to more than 50 destinations across the Singapore Airlines and SilkAir network when you redeem for flights from now till 30 June 2018, for travel from 1 to 31 July 2018 inclusive.
The number of KrisFlyer miles required for redemption shown below is for per person per one-way travel, after applying the discount. Taxes and fees will apply in addition to the required redemption mileage and must be paid separately by the passenger in the applicable currency.
Redemption discount applies strictly to flights listed in the table below. For return flight bookings, flight numbers for both sectors have to match with flights listed for the respective discounts to be valid. Blackout dates apply.
The following are the Singapore Airlines destinations and pricing for the promotional routes in both classes of service (Economy / Business):
Additionally there is a long list with Silkair destinations that include various leisure destinations in the Asia Pacific region.
I’m surprised that Duesseldorf is once again on that list, maybe Singapore Airlines has some problems filling their seats on that route given the large capacity SIA already had to Germany. Even Frankfurt is available for one of the two daily departures.
I was a bit disappointed at first when Krisflyer devalued their award chart and culled the online booking discount but I have to admit that availability for mileage awards using KrisFlyer miles is pretty good and even for First Class and Suites it’s possible to book tickets even for members without any status.
These promotional awards make KrisFlyer somewhat competitive again especially given the very low surcharges on SIA issued award tickets.
These are the Terms & Conditions for this promotion:
-The promotion is only applicable for online redemption of Saver Awards in Economy and Business Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flights. Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents, SilkAir.com, or any other channels.
-To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 18 – 30 June 2018, for travel between 1 – 31 July 2018, all dates inclusive. All travel must be completed by 31 July 2018. -If any part of the itinerary falls outside the applicable travel period or contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion.
– Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
– This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
– This promotion is applicable to one-way and round trip travel. No stopovers are allowed for this promotion.
– Taxes and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency.
– The discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy or Business Class Saver award ticket. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash. Taxes and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount.
– All redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
– KrisFlyer terms and conditions apply.
– KrisFlyer reserve the right to change the eligible destinations, flight numbers and travel dates, without prior notice.