Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Japan Airlines and their shoulder season midweek 2nd level business class advanced purchase round trip fares between Vancouver and Taipei.
- Fare: JAL (JL) IKX48DN0 YVR to TPE
- Booking class: I (business class)
- Price: from CA$2,716 (from CA$2,621 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: permitted MON through THU on each transpacific sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 22JUN 18 through 04SEP 18 or 15DEC 18 through 10JAN 19 or 01FEB 19 through 28FEB 19 on the outbound transpacific sector.
- Flight restrictions: the fare component must include travel via each transpacific sector on one or more of the following: any JL flight operated by JL/AA.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 14 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: travel from turnaround must commence no earlier than 12 hours after arrival at turnaround.
- Maximum stay requirements: travel from last international stopover must commence no later than 3 months after departure from fare origin.
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted on the pricing unit limited to 1 free and 1 at CAD 100.00.
- Transfers: 2transfers permitted in each direction free.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on JL or AA. Tickets must be issued on/before 15JUL 18.
- Cancellations: before departure charge CAD 500.00 for cancel/no-show/refund. After departure ticket is non-refundable.
- Changes: charge CAD 400.00 for reissue/revalidation.
I was able to find availability from July to September 2018, and from December 2018 to February 2019 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Japan Airlines:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for YVR-NRT-TPE round trip travel on JL marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.