Aeroplan has launched new offer for 30% conversion bonus from select hotel programs between July 23 – August 20, 2018.
Aeroplan usually runs promotions for conversions from hotel points to miles couple of times a year and there are occasional targeted offers as well.
You can access Aeroplan’s page for conversions here.
Here are the eligible partners:
- IHG Rewards Club (access here)
- Hilton Honors (access here)
- Radisson Rewards (access here)
- Best Western Rewards (access here)
- Wyndham Rewards (access here)
- Coast Hotels (access here)
- Choice Privileges (access here)
- Le Club AccorHotels (access here)
- Shangri-La Golden Circle (access here)
I would be bit hesitant to convert hotel loyalty program points to Aeroplan miles considering the very high fuel surcharges that the program collects and the discontinuance of Air Canada partnership in 2020 (read more here), although latest development is that Air Canada is interested in buying back Aeroplan from Aimia (read more here).
Marriott and SPG are not included on this conversion bonus offer this time around probably due to program merger. Aeroplan offered 35% conversion bonus when they run this offer in the fall of 2017.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
* Bonus offer valid only on conversions received from eligible hotel partner loyalty programs points into Aeroplan Miles made between July 23 and August 20, 2018 (11:59 EDT). Hotel partner loyalty programs eligible for this promotion are: IHG Rewards Club, Best Western Rewards, Choice Privileges, Coast Rewards, Radisson Rewards, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accorhotels (Accor hotels), Golden Circle Award (Shangri‑La), Wyndham Rewards.
† The Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest programs are not participating in this conversion campaign. While members can continue to convert their Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest points into Aeroplan Miles, these conversions will not be eligible for this bonus miles promotion.
**The total amount of miles received from the conversion of hotel loyalty program points into Aeroplan miles must be greater than or equal to 5,000 Aeroplan Miles in order to be eligible to receive the 30% bonus. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: once the total Aeroplan Miles are earned by exchanging points from any combination of eligible partner programs during the promotion, the bonus miles deposited will represent 30% of the total miles earned from the exchange, BONUS MILE CREDITING: Bonus Aeroplan Miles may take up to 4‑6 weeks to be credited after the promotional offer end date of August 20, 2018.
While the conversion of Membership Rewards® points from American Express Card members accounts into Aeroplan Miles is still possible, it is not eligible for this bonus miles promotion.
Although eligible CIBC Aventura cardholders as of October 1, 2013, can convert their Aventura points into Aeroplan Miles, these conversions are not eligible for this bonus miles promotion.
Bonus Aeroplan Miles received from the exchange of hotel loyalty program points into Aeroplan Miles are not eligible for status in the Aeroplan program.
Please note that some hotel loyalty programs have hotel and flight redemption packages where Aeroplan Miles are issued. It is at the discretion of each Hotel Program if these miles are deemed a conversion of points to miles or simply a bonus earned for the redemption.