Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to American Airlines and their shoulder season midweek business class excursion round trip fares between Vancouver and Taipei.
- Fare: American (AA) IKX48DN1 YVR to TPE.
- Booking class: I,X.
- Price: from CA$2,716 (from CA$2,560 Base Fare + Taxes & Surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: permitted MON through THU on each transpacific sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 22JUN 18 through 04SEP 18 or 15DEC 18 through 10JAN 19 or 01FEB 19 through 28FEB 19 on the outbound transpacific sector.
- Flight restrictions: the fare component must include travel via each transpacific sector on any AA flight operated by AA/JL.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 14 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: travel from turnaround must commence no earlier than 12 hours after arrival at turnaround.
- Maximum stay requirements: travel from last stopover must commence no later than 6 months after departure from fare origin.
- Stopovers: 2 stopovers permitted on the pricing unit – 1 in each direction at the gateway in area 3 at USD 100.00 each.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction free.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on AA or JL. Tickets must be issued on/before 15AUG 18.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable in case of cancel/no-show/refund.
- Changes: charge USD 400.00/CAD 400.00 for reissue/revalidation.
I was able to find availability from August to September 2018 and from December 2018 to February 2019 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for YVR-NRT-TPE round trip travel on AA marketed/JL operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.