Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Xiamen Airlines and their business class excursion round trip fares between Los Angeles and Melbourne.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: Xiamen (MF) I3MUS5 LAX to MEL.
- Booking class: I.
- Price: from $2,415 ($2,100 + taxes & surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: the fare component must be on MF flights 8000 through 8999 operated by MF, MF flights 381 through 382 operated by MF, MF flights 800 through 899 operated by MF-
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: do not apply.
- Maximum stay requirements: travel from last stopover must commence no later than 3 months after departure from fare origin.
- Stopovers: unlimited stopovers permitted on the pricing unit limited to 4 free and unlimited at CNY 100 each.
- Transfers: unlimited free transfers permitted on the pricing unit.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on MF or NS.
- Cancellations: charge USD 150.00 for cancel/refund.
- Changes: before departure charge USD 90.00; after departure charge USD 120.00.
I was able to find availability from September 2018 to May 2019 using Matrix (although listed for $2,578):
This fare can be booked on Priceline for $2,415:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for LAX-XMN-MEL round trip travel on MF marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.