Lufthansa Miles&More has just published their new list for the popular Mileage Bargains or Meilenschnaeppchen as they are being called in German.
The Mileage Bargains offer a comprehensive list of destinations that can be booked for a vastly reduced amount of Miles&More miles and this time around the selection is excellent for spring time destinations.
The Lufthansa Mileage Bargains can be booked exclusively through the Miles&More website and there is no option to change or cancel the award once booked. Child discounts are not applicable either.
This time around Lufthansa has made some excellent destinations available for the travel period of early January to mid February 2019 including Miami, San Francisco, Tokyo and Osaka, just in time for the winter season. There is no better time to catch some sunshine – at least in California and Florida.
You can access the Lufthansa Miles&More website with the entire list here.
Here is a list I have compiled of the long haul/mid haul Business Class destinations available:
Boston (55,000 instead of 105,000 Miles) Business Class
Miami (55,000 instead of 105,000 Miles) Business Class
New York (55,000 instead of 105,000 Miles) Business Class
San Francisco (55,000 instead of 105,000 Miles) Business Class
Osaka (70,000 instead of 135,000 Miles) Business Class
Montreal (55,000 instead of 105,000 Miles) Business Class
Washington DC (55,000 instead of 105,000 Miles) Business Class
Tokyo-Haneda (70,000 instead of 135,000 Miles) Business Class
Tehran (40,000 instead of 70,000 Miles) Business Class
Kuwait (40,000 instead of 70,000 Miles) Business Class
Amman (40,000 instead of 70,000 Miles) Business Class
I expect the highlighted destinations to be quite popular and limited in availability. The applicable booking- and travel dates vary.
Long Haul/Mid Haul Destinations (as listed above):
- Booking period: 03.09.2018 – 30.09.2018
- Travel period: 01.01.2019 – 15.02.2019
Short Haul Destinations:
- Booking period: 01.12.2017 – 01.01.2018
- Travel period: 01.11.2018 – 15.15.2018
The following examples (taken directly from the LH Mileage Bargains website) are some of the Business Class destinations, departures from Germany:
Definitely a very attractive list this time with a mix of North American and Asian long haul destinations. I imagine that Miami and San Francisco will be very popular as far as redemptions are concerned. I don’t mind to visit Japan either, even during the winter (and Japan has some very nice skiing resorts that are worthwhile to check out).
These are the Terms and Conditions for Mileage Bargains:
- This offer has only limited availability.
- Unless otherwise stated, mileage bargains apply to an outbound and return flight in Economy Class. Upgrade Specials apply to an outbound flight (one segment).
- Mileage bargains can only be booked online and apply exclusive of taxes, fees and surcharges.
- There are no options for rebooking or cancelling reduced flight awards. Please note the Miles & More terms and conditions.
- Tickets are issued as etix® immediately after the booking is made.
- You can also transfer your flight awards to your family, friends or acquaintances – enabling you to take a holiday together.
- Mileage bargains are not available on code-share flights.