Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Virgin Atlantic and their basic season business class excursion round trip fares between Atlanta and Europe.
- Fare: Virgin Atlantic (VS) ZLRP7SMN ATL to Area 1
- Booking class: Z.
- Price: from $2,350 ($1,352 base fare + taxes & surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: from the United States – permitted 28OCT 18 through 13DEC 18 or 24DEC 18 through 10APR 19 or 22APR 19 through 09MAY 19 or 30SEP 19 through 12DEC 19 or 24DEC 19 through 31MAR 20 for each transatlantic sector. To the United States – permitted 29OCT 18 through 31DEC 18 or 09JAN 19 through 13APR 19 or 24APR 19 through 16MAY 19 or 26SEP 19 through 14DEC 19 or 24DEC 19 through 27DEC 19 or 08JAN 20 through 31MAR 20 for each transatlantic sector.
- Flight restrictions: the fare component must include travel within Europe in any BA/AZ/BE/EI/TP/FB/LO/IB/A3/SK/KM/SU/JU/OU/SN/TK flight. The fare component must include travel between United Kingdom and the United States in any VS flight operated by VS.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 7 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: travel from last stopover must commence no earlier than the first SUN after departure of the first international sector.
- Maximum stay requirements: travel from last stopover must commence no later than 12 months after departure from fare origin.
- Stopovers: unlimited stopovers permitted in each direction limited to 2 free and unlimited at USD 300.00 each.
- Transfers: 1 transfer permitted in each direction free.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on VS. Tickets must be issued on/before 30SEP 18.
- Cancellations: before departure charge USD 500. After departure ticket is non-refundable.
- Changes: charge USD 500.
I was able to find availability from November 2018 to April 2019 using Matrix. Here’s an example of the availability to FCO (although listed for $2,522:
This fare can be booked on Priceline from $2.350:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for ATL-LHR-FCO round trip travel on VS marketed, VS/BA operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.