British Airways Executive Club has launched double Avios promotion for flights flown between September 27 – December 31, 2018.
This offer is valid for bookings made AFTER registrations and up to TEN segments. BA marketed flights operated by Iberia, American Airlines and Finnair between North America and Europe are also eligible.
You can access this offer on BA’s website here.
Note that this promotion is valid for up to TEN sectors (segments) and only valid for flights that are ticketed after you register for this offer.
British Airways is trying here to stimulate new bookings for the last few months of this year. Unfortunately, my travel schedule is set until spring next year so cannot issue more tickets.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a British Airways (“BA”) Executive Club Member, aged 18 or over, who books and travels on a Qualifying Flight (see definition below). BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below.
- To participate in this promotion, Eligible Participants must:
a) pre-register for the offer by following the “Register now” link provided on the online registration page supplied by BA and complete the registration process on ba.com (a “thank you” message will be displayed to confirm that your registration has been successful); or if you are not an Executive Club Member, join the Executive Club using code Q4ECDA and then:
b) Subsequently book and fly up to 10 qualifying flights during the promotional period (27 September to 31 December 2018). Double Avios Points will be awarded after each sector has been flown and tracked to the members account. A sector is a single qualifying flight between the point of departure and destination with no scheduled change of aircraft. Double Avios will be awarded on completing the sector. Eligible Participants will only be awarded double Avios calculated from the base Avios, the number of Avios to be awarded will be calculated before any cabin and tier bonuses E.g. if your base Avios is 350, your bonus Avios awarded will be 350 Avios.
- Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking each Qualifying Flight and at check-in for each outbound and return part of their journey in order to qualify for the promotion. The offer is open to all Executive Club Members.
- A Qualifying flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive double Avios on up to 10 single sector Qualifying Flights. A Qualifying flight is (i) a BA prefix on any selling class (excluding Reward flights) or cabin on any BA operated service, or (ii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK and Southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer. Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members will not qualify, and (iii) any flight included as part of a British Airways Holiday package
- Eligible Participants who book and complete their journeys on Qualifying Flights within the Promotional Period will qualify for double Avios.
- Eligible Participants will receive the double Avios Points before any cabin or tier bonuses on all tickets except reward flights.
- Eligible Participants can calculate the number of Avios Points they can collect through this promotion on a Qualifying flight by using this link. Please note that this calculator will give the total Avios Points awarded for the whole journey which includes Base Avios, Cabin Bonus and Tier Bonus (where applicable).
- Avios Points are not transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered. This promotion has no cash value. All Avios Points and Tier Points are issued subject to the Executive Club membership terms and conditions, a copy of which can be viewed at:http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/terms-and-conditions.
- Bookings made over the telephone from the UK and Ireland will carry a non-refundable £10 offline booking fee per person per ticket. Calls cost up to 5p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles may vary. Bookings from other participating countries may incur a booking fee. Please contact your travel agent / travel partner for any applicable service fees when purchasing a ticket from them and requesting the specific booking date and flight details.
- Qualifying Flights are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. BA does not accept any liability in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight for their chosen period of travel.
- This promotion cannot be used retrospectively. This promotion only applies to those who register, book and travel during the period stipulated in 2(b).
Change of travel arrangements
- Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for any Avios bonus award unless their revised travel
- All bookings under this promotion will be covered by the fare rules and conditions of the original fare. This includes any applicable refund and change fees. All refunds are subject to the fare rules for the class of ticket booked. Fare rules and conditions appear in your booking details when you access your booking on ba.com through the ‘Manage my booking’ functionality.
Disclaimers & Notices
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or deal, including but not limited to: (i) Reward flight bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discounted fares (including agency, industry, employee discounts), , group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying classes; and (iii) bookings made with vouchers (e.g. promotional codes).
- All Passengers are carried by BA in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage (copies available on ba.com, at “Legal” – “General Conditions of Carriage”) and its Notice and Conditions of Contract as stated on each ticket or itinerary as provided.
- BA reserves the right to cancel this promotion or amend the terms of this promotion without notice in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, civil or military disturbance, earthquake or any actual, anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other similar events beyond the reasonable control of BA.
- BA is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party website or homepage access which reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions of this promotion.
- Subject to clauses 19(a) to 19(c) below, this promotion and any other non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it is governed exclusively by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales:
a) If you are a resident in the United Kingdom but outside of England and Wales, then the courts of Scotland or Northern Ireland (depending on your residence) also have jurisdiction;
b) If you are a resident in a member state of the European Union (EU) other than the United Kingdom, then the courts of that member state also have jurisdiction; and
c) If you are a resident of a country which is a signatory to the Rome Convention, your contract is governed in all aspects by English law but you will have the benefit of any mandatory rules of law applicable in your country of residence.
- Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
- The promoter is: British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.