Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to Delta and their basic season premium economy class sell-up round trip non-refundable fares between Los Angeles and Shanghai.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: Delta (DL) XLE0ZCPL LAX to SHA
- Booking class: G.
- Price: from $797 ($350 base fare + taxes & surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 10OCT 18 through 14DEC 18 or 24DEC 18 through 10MAY 19 on the outbound transpacific sector.
- Flight restrictions: the fare component must include travel via each transpacific sector on any DL flight operated by DL.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: 12 hours.
- Maximum stay requirements: 6 months.
- Stopovers: do not apply.
- Transfers: unlimited transfers permitted on the fare component.
- Blackout dates: outbound – travel is not permitted 10DEC 18 through 24DEC 18 or 04MAY 19 through 29AUG 19. Inbound – travel is not permitted 01JAN 19 through 14JAN 19 or 22JUN 19 through 28AUG 19.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: Tickets must be issued on/before 31OCT 18.
- Cancellations: ticket is non-refundable.
- Changes: charge USD 300.00 for reissue/revalidation.
I was able to find availability from October 2018 to May 2019 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Delta:
Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents):
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for LAX-PVG round trip travel on DL marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.