United Airlines and Marriott Rewards have RewardsPlus partnership that is being watered down in benefits when MileagePlus elite members status mapping benefits at Marriott hotels is going down in 2019.
Now, United Airlines is offering bonus miles for those MileagePlus members that book Marriott hotels using links that only appear on their flight reservations.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
Here are the instructions that United gives on their website:
These bonus miles won’t apply to most of their corporate travelers because the promotion is not applicable to negotiated rates. Still might be worthwhile for someone that has United booking and is making a best flexible type reservation on Marriott’s website.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
- Your MileagePlus number must be added to your flight reservations to view upcoming flights.
- Enrollment in Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG® is required to be eligible for this promotion.
- Offer valid only for original recipient and booking must be made through this site at participating properties (see below for exclusions based on brand participation and special discounted rates).
- Bonus miles will be awarded 6-8 weeks after completion of stay.
- Mileage Bonus may be earned a maximum of one time per completed eligible stay. Additional 500 Mile Bonus may be earned a maximum of one time per completed eligible stay by Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG Gold and Platinum Elite members only. To qualify for Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG Elite status, see Elite program terms and conditions.
- Bonus miles offer is not applicable for stays at the following brands and properties: (SPG hotels: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Sheraton®, Le Meridien®, Tribute Portfolio®, Design HotelsTM, Aloft® Hotels, Four Points® by Sheraton, Element®), ExecutStay®, The Ritz-Carlton®, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club®, EDITION®, Bulgari®, Marriott Grand Residences Club®, Atlantis Resort Autograph Collection, Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John’s Newfoundland, Inn at Bay Harbor, Autograph Collection, Joshua G.E. Medical Corp. Conference Center, Jesse Jones Rotary Conference Center, The Marriott Ranch, Mauna Kea Beach Hotel Autograph Collection, Protea Hotel Aishi Machame, Protea Hotel Amani Beach, Protea Hotel Mbweni Ruins, The Ritz-Carlton London, U.S. Postal Service Conference Center, Riyadh Marriott Hotel (Saudi Arabia), Aspen Wye River Conference Center.
- Rates displayed on the Marriott.com booking page which are marked as “Member Rate” or “Exclusive Member Rate” are eligible for bonus miles.
- Rates, other than Member Rates, located on the “Member Offers” tab, that are available to Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG members through specific and/or dedicated rate searches for specially-negotiated promotional rates (e.g., Rewards offer discounts, Rewards offer packages, Member Exclusive Rates, Elite Exclusive Offers, Member Exclusive Offers and Hotel Deals) may not apply. In addition, bonus miles are not applicable to the following rates: (i) Rooms offered at specially negotiated rates, where the customer is required to be affiliated with or employed by a particular company or organization to receive the special rate (e.g., corporate rate, government rate or the Marriott employee rate); or (ii) rooms that are booked or upgraded and paid for using redeemed Points.
- Offer subject to change without notice; other restrictions may apply.
- A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. This offer is valid only for qualifying stays you personally make at participating Marriott® brand hotels.
- All Marriott Rewards Program, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Program, and the SPG Program terms and conditions apply. Visit theMarriott Rewards Terms & Conditions for complete details.