You can now earn Emirates Skywards miles with taxi ride app Cabforce when setting up your account and requesting taxi rides in 25 countries (apparently mostly in the MIddle East).
You can access Emirates website here and in order to collect miles obviously have to enroll for Skywards first.
There is a landing page for this particular new partner which is just a new provider of an already established system, in fact it seems to rely on Careem’s platform.
In partnership with one of the world’s biggest on-the-ground transport providers, we’re bringing you Emirates Skywards Cabforce – a new way for you to get from A to B in a more rewarding way. You’ll earn 1 Skywards Mile for every USD 2 or equivalent you spend on taxi rides booked via the app.
It’s free to download and allows you to book taxis in over 100 cities in more than 25 countries. The process is simple:
– Download the app from your device’s app store
– Link your Emirates Skywards membership account
– Set-up your Cabforce account by providing your preferred mobile number and credit / debit card for payment
– Then you’re set to go – turn on location services for the app to detect your location, enter your destination and you’ll quickly see the closest vehicle available and the estimated cost of your journey as well as estimated Skywards Miles you will earn.
The App is available on the App Store as well as Google Play store.
I downloaded it and tried to look up a few destinations yet was only able to find Cairo and Abu Dhabi to be active:
From what I see in the image above it relies on Careem as the provider platform so essentially it’s just another skin of an already existing service. Haven’t tried many countries so far but the number 25 sounds much like those where Careem operates. I had one experience with them in Abu Dhabi and it was lackluster.
While it’s always a welcome opportunity to earn extra miles these ride share and cab hailing services rarely amount to anything substantial. 1 mile per US$2 spent on these services is really nothing to the point of where I say “why bother?”.
These providers should really make the offer more interesting or lucrative when trying to go fishing for customers. They use the name of the Skywards program as a magnet to get new signups and Skywards gets a new partner who pays them (can’t be much of a payment though considering the little miles that will be distributed).
Here are the Terms & Conditions for this new partnership:
- Emirates Skywards members need to link their Emirates Skywards membership account to their Cabforce account to earn Skywards Miles on each eligible* journey.
- An eligible journey means a trip for which Cabforce receives payment via credit/debit card.
- Members can link their Emirates Skywards membership account to only one Cabforce account.
- To earn Skywards Miles members should have the same name on both their Emirates Skywards and Cabforce accounts.
- An estimated journey cost and Skywards Miles offered will be quoted at the time of booking. Final charges and Skywards Miles earned will be confirmed on arrival at the destination.
- Skywards Miles will be credited to the membership account with 48 hours of each journey.
- Retrospective claims for journeys taken prior to the Emirates Skywards membership account linked to the Cabforce profile will not be honoured.
- Emirates Skywards Cabforce, provides the booking platform to book taxi and transfer services only. In the event of any customer service issues, refunds or complaints, please contact the service provider directly.
- Emirates Skywards programme rules apply.
- Cabforce users must comply with Cabforce’s terms and conditions.