Iberia Plus just sent out an email blast reminding members that participated to the very generous promotion this summer that their promotional Avios will expire on December 1, 2018.
The only catch of the promo was that the bonus Avios had to be used by December 1, 2018 or they would just expire. You can use them for award flights in the future or even redeem for hotel stays.
You can access Iberia Plus here.
Here’s our previous coverage of this promotion:
- Iberia Promo Alert: up to 90k Extra Avios for Tickets Purchased on Iberia.com
- Statement From Iberia Plus Regarding The 90,000 Bonus Avios Promo
- Just Purchased 10 Iberia Tickets – Anyone Else?
- LAST CALL: Iberia Plus 90,000 Bonus Avios Booking Deadline Today! (June 24, 2018)
- Iberia Plus 90,000 Bonus Avios Promo Drama In The Making?
- Iberia Plus Limiting/Canceling New Accounts That Purchased Promo Tickets?
- Statement From Iberia Plus Regarding Blocked Accounts & Possible Workaround For Some
- Iberia Plus Ticket Purchase Avios Posted!
- Two Iberia Emails: Congratulating For 90,000 Avios & Asking For Official Identification
- The Iberia Promotion Saga (Drama Really) Continues: Now Customers Are Being Notified About ‘Inconsistencies’ With NO MILES But Refunds Offered
- And The Next Round: More Denials & Lies From IBERIA Concerning The 90,000 Miles Offer
- Still Unresolved Issues With Iberia’s 90,000 Avios Promo?
- Iberia Promotion Update: Missing Promotional Miles & Refusal To Activate Account Finally Resolved After U.S. DOT Complaint
- Iberia Plus 90,000 Avios Promotion: If You Have Opened Your Account 3 Months Ago You Can Now Transfer Your Points To British Airways Executive Club
You can theoretically transfer the Avios out but according to Iberia that would not qualify as spending them and thus you would end with a negative balance. This is not an issue as long as IAG doesn’t consolidate all various Avios accounts or decides to creep back Avios from linked accounts in case they are “under the water”.
Seems that I cannot use these Avios for Oneworld flights due to Iberia’s online booking interface inferiority and I really don’t need to book any at this point anyway.
My choice is either let them expire or perhaps use for couple of hotel nights. I cannot consolidate them with my BA Avios because account details don’t match 100% and I wouldn’t like to end up with a negative balance on my Iberia Plus account anyway.
It is nice that Iberia Plus reminds members that their promotional Avios is about to expire.