United Airlines has launched bonus miles promotion for travel to Hong Kong through February 28, 2019.
MileagePlus members can earn three bonus miles per USD charged on qualifying flights between United States and Hong Kong.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
Here’s how the bonus miles add up per status level:
There is the separate offer for flights to Singapore (read more here). Seems that the loads to these two cities may not be as strong as United hopes and hence these offers to drive more traffic.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
The fare is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate and then calculate the number of miles you will earn. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. You will not earn PQD or award miles for the full amount of the displayed price for these itineraries because the U.S. Federal Transportation tax is not eligible to earn PQD or miles.
1. Registration is required by February 28, 2019.
2. Membership in the MileagePlus program is required prior to registration.
3. To earn the bonus, you must register for this offer prior to booking and completing a qualifying flight. A “qualifying flight” satisfies each of the following: (i) includes a segment between the United States and Hong Kong (HKG), (ii) complies with the ticketing and travel dates listed below, (iii) is operated by United or United Express (offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers) and (iv) must be booked in paid Economy or paid Business fare classes.
4. To qualify for this offer flights must be booked and completed after registration and no later than February 28, 2019.
5. Qualifying flight activity must be posted to the members’ MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
6. For qualifying flights, bonus award miles will be credited in an amount equal to 3x the fare*
- 3x the fare* will be awarded for qualifying flights between the U.S. and Hong Kong (HKG). Connections to/from Hong Kong (HKG) and within the United States are also eligible for bonus miles. Bonus does not apply to any upper cabin fare multiplier.
7. Registered members can earn a maximum of 100,000 bonus award miles in accordance with this promotion and these terms and conditions.
8. Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class or other Basic Economy fare basis codes) are not eligible for this promotion.
9. Offer is not valid on government fares.
10. Bonus award miles will be credited within six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on February 28, 2019. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fare and/or fare classes and Economy Plus purchases, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fare and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrade, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
11. Bonus award miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles. This offer does not include any bonus Premier qualifying dollars.
12. Offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers or any other route specific promotion that includes the same destination as this offer.
13. Award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits are not included in this offer.
14. E-ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply to tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
16. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.