United Airlines has launched MileagePlus up to 50% off economy award sale this Cyber Monday for travel between United States and Europe January 13 – March 28, 2019 that must be booked on November 26.
The award discount is from 20% to 50% depending of your MileagePlus status level and whether you have Chase affiliated card or not.
You can access this offer on United’s website here.
Here’s the discount table:
Flights between North America and Europe have been very competitively priced in economy and even with this award discount it doesn’t necessarily make sense to redeem. Always check the paid flight options as well.
Here are the terms and conditions of this award promotion:
- This offer for discounted Saver Awards is available to all MileagePlus members.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy from the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada to Europe.
- Tickets must be booked no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on November 26, 2018.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after January 13, 2019, and completed on or before March 28, 2019.
- Offer is valid for travel on all days of the week.
- Discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a qualifying Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers are not permitted. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- Discounted pricing will vary by itinerary and will vary among members based upon MileagePlus program status and whether or not members are United Chase cardholders. Please log in on united.com to see offer pricing applicable to you.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Qualifying existing award tickets may be reissued, upon request, to the award sale mileage. They are subject to the award change policy, including any applicable service fees.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government imposed taxes and fees, September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government defined stopover, US Customs, Immigration and APHIS User Fees of $17.50 for each international arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2018. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visit united.com/awards.
- Saver award discount is only valid for air travel.
- Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- Changes to travel itineraries are permitted in advance. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $125 per ticket (based on account status at the time when the miles were redeemed).
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award. Any changes made after the sale ticketing period ends will require a reissue of the entire ticket and sale pricing will not apply. Any changes made after the sale ticketing period ends will require a reissue of the entire ticket and sale pricing will not apply.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Redemption of additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period or does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
- This offer is subject to change or cancellation without notice. Other restrictions may apply.