Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to South African Airways and their midweek business class restricted fares between South Africa and Brazil.
- Fare: South African (SA) DRTXSAO CPT to SAO
- Booking class: D, C.
- Price: from $1,019 ($365 base fare + taxes & surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: do not apply.
- Seasonal restrictions: do not apply.
- Flight restrictions: transatlantic sectors must be on any SA flight operated by SA.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations are required for all sectors.
- Minimum stay requirements: until the first SUN after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months.
- Stopovers: 4 free stopovers permitted.
- Transfers: 10 transfers permitted – 5 in each direction.
- Blackout dates: do not apply.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on SA.
- Cancellations: charge 25% for cancel/refund.
- Changes: charge $500.00 for reissue/revalidation.
I was able to find availability from December 2018 to October 2019 using Matrix:
This fare can be booked on Priceline:
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for CPT-JNB-GRU round trip travel on SA marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.