InterContinental Ambassador program has now put up a web page trying to explain some of these
“enhancements” and also just refers to T&Cs that will be updated in early 2019.
You can access the IHG page for these changes here.
Here are the changes:
More of What You Love:
- Guaranteed one category room upgrade
- Extended 4pm check-out
- Complimentary weekend night*
- Dedicated check-in area
- Welcome fruit platter for every stay**
- Complimentary mineral water
- Complimentary Internet
- Platinum Elite status in IHG® Rewards Club
- Up to USD20 restaurants & bars credit for every stay***
- Ambassador Benefits Guarantee to ensure you make the most out of every stay
- E-delivery of complimentary weekend night certificate
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
- One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
- 15% discount on restaurants and bars
Here’s the small print:
*Complimentary Weekend Night: Valid on the second night of a paid weekend stay on the Ambassador Weekend Rate. Weekends may vary by region. Expires on the date stated on the Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate. Must present ID & member number at check-in. Reservations must be cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the day of check-in in order to avoid a cancellation fee.
**Welcome Fruit Platter: Applicable only for stays in Greater China for Platinum Elite and Spire Elite only.
***Restaurants & Bars Credit: The value of the up to USD20 credit is per stay and may change according to market and local currency: USD20/ GBP15/ THB600/ AUD25/ JPY2000/ SAR70/ EUR15/ MYR50/ IDR180,000/ VND280,000 (excluding Danang), valid in select hotel restaurants, bars and minibars. For any currency/region not mentioned the equivalent of USD20 is to be given, converted at hotel exchange rate. Not applicable to in-room dining. In Greater China the USD20 credit is applicable for Spire Elite members only in the value of up to RMB120. Limited to one member per room per stay and values are subject to change.
The Platinum status replaces the Gold status. The $20 F&B credit is likely in lieu of the free drink voucher(s). The “Ambassador Benefits Guarantees” are really a downgrade. Here what they supposedly are:
- Guaranteed Room Upgrade Failure: F&B or Spa credit of $50 or 10,000 points per stay (Ambassador & Royal Ambassador)
- 4PM Guaranteed Late Check Out Failure: F&B or Spa credit of $50 or 10,000 points per stay (Ambassador & Royal Ambassador)
- Club InterContinental or Club InterContinental experience failure: F&B or Spa credit of $100 per DAY(Royal Ambassador only)
Hotels can basically buy out the Ambassador & Royal Ambassador benefits cheaply by paying 10,000 points. Seems that the complimentary breakfast is going to be rolled out only in Greater China and not worldwide.
We should soon learn about the Royal Ambassador benefits in 2019.