Today’s Airfare of the Day goes to British Airways and their first class promotional round trip fares between London and Chicago.
This fare is being discussed on FlyerTalk (access here).
- Fare: British Airways (BA) ALX5T1S6 LON to CHI.
- Booking class: A.
- Price: from £1,873 (£1,239 base fare + taxes & surcharges).
- Day/Time restrictions: outbound – permitted MON/TUE/WED on each transatlantic sector. Inbound – permitted TUE/WED/THU/FRI on each transatlantic sector.
- Seasonal restrictions: permitted 01JUL through 31AUG or 22NOV through 30NOV or 18DEC through 02JAN or 27MAR through 22APR for each transatlantic sector.
- Flight restrictions: transatlantic sectors must be on any BA flight.
- Advanced reservation/Ticketing restrictions: reservations for all sectors are required at least 50 days before departure.
- Minimum stay requirements: until the first SUN after departure.
- Maximum stay requirements: 12 months.
- Stopovers: stopovers not permitted.
- Transfers: 2 transfers permitted in each direction free.
- Blackout dates: if the fare component is on any BA/AA/IB/AY flight operated by AA, travel is not permitted 01JUN 19 through 30JUN 19. Outbound – travel is not permitted 01JUL 19 through 31JUL 19.
- Travel restrictions: do not apply.
- Sales restrictions: tickets must be issued on/before 31JAN 19 and must be issued on BA or IB.
- Cancellations: charge £00 for cancel.
- Changes: charge £300.00 for reissue/revalidation.
I was able to find availability from March to April and July to August 2019 using Matrix, although listed from £1,892:
This fare can be booked on British Airways from £1,873:
The following accruals were estimated using wheretocredit calculator for LHR-ORD round trip travel on BA marketed and operated flights without considering any elite status bonuses or ongoing promotions.