British Airways Executive Club just published a promotion for 100% Avios Bonus on the next six flights credited to BAEC until the end of the year (tickets need to be purchased AFTER registration).
There are some important restrictions on this campaign as in it’s only valid for newly purchased tickes booked between 21 March and 19 April 2019 *post registration*, bonus applies only to the the next six flights (segments!) and many routes/regions are excluded.
You can access British Airways promotion website here in order to register.
Register, book and travel before the end of our centenary year and you can collect 100% bonus Avios on all British Airways flights.
This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when you travel between Europe and North America.
For an extra treat in our 100th year of flying; if you complete six flights with us, or our partners, you will unlock an additional reward of 2019 bonus Avios.
- Simply take a moment to register – you must do this before booking
- Book your flights between 21 March and 19 April 2019
- Fly before 31 December 2019
Your 100% bonus Avios will be in your Executive Club account after each flight has been taken.
Lucky enough to fly six flights this year? You will receive your additional 2019 bonus Avios after your sixth flight has been flown.
This is a very restrictive promotion. Also keep in mind that they count the first six segments in order to credit you the 100% bonus miles.
If you have a couple of connection flights let’s say from a domestic UK airport to Heathrow and onward to North America it could be worthwhile to not credit the domestic segments to your account right away (have them take out the membership number for these flights) and claim them later when you received your 6x 100% on longer flights to maximize the promotion fully. Keep in mind the Bonus is only valid for SIX segments in total.
Definitely register for this campaign and see if you’re fortunate enough to be able to profit from this bonus in case you have flights to book within the next months that need to be flown through the end of the year.
I’m not a big fan of the fact that many long haul routes are excluded again. If you’re flying to Asia, Middle East, Africa or South America or even intra Europe you’re pretty much SOL.
These are the Terms & Conditions for this promotion:
Eligibility and Pre-registration
1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a British Airways (“BA”) Executive Club Member, aged 18 or over. BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.
2. To participate in this promotion, Eligible Participants must:
a) Before booking, register for the offer by following the “Register now” link provided on the online registration page supplied by BA and complete the registration process on ba.com (a “thank you” message will be displayed to confirm that your registration has been successful); or if you are not an Executive Club Member, join the Executive Club using code DAWW19 and then:
b) Subsequently book up to six Qualifying Flights during the Promotional Period (21 March to 19 April 2019) and fly the Qualifying Flights during the Travel Period (21 March to 23:59 GMT 31 December 2019).
c) Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking each Qualifying Flight to qualify for the promotion.
3. A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive 100% bonus Avios on up to six Qualifying Flights. A Qualifying Flight is (i) a BA prefix on any selling class (excluding Reward flights or upgrades using Avios) or cabin on any BA operated service, or (ii) any flight included as part of a British Airways Holiday package, and (iii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK and southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer. Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld alliance members will not qualify.
4. Eligible Participants who register, book and complete any Qualifying Flights will be awarded 100% bonus Avios upon completion of each sector up to six sectors.
5. Eligible Participants will only be awarded 100% bonus Avios calculated from the base Avios. The number of Avios awarded will be calculated before any cabin and Tier bonuses are applied E.g. if your base Avios is 350, your bonus Avios awarded will be 350 Avios.
6. Eligible Participants who register, book and complete six Qualifying Flights within the Promotional Period and Travel Period will qualify for the additional 2019 bonus Avios. The 2019 additional bonus Avios will be awarded upon completion of the sixth sector.
7. Eligible Participants can calculate the number of Avios they can collect through this promotion on a Qualifying Flight by using the following link. Please note that this calculator will give the total Avios awarded for the whole journey which includes Base Avios, Cabin Bonus and Tier Bonus (where applicable).
8. Avios are not transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered. This promotion has no cash value. All Avios and Tier Points are issued subject to the Executive Club membership Terms and Conditions.
9. Bookings made over the telephone from the UK and Ireland will carry a non-refundable £10 offline booking fee per person per ticket. Calls cost up to 5p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles may vary. Bookings from other participating countries may incur a booking fee. Please contact your travel agent / travel partner for any applicable service fees when purchasing a ticket from them and requesting the specific booking date and flight details.
10. Qualifying Flights are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. BA does not accept any liability in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight for their chosen period of travel.
11. This promotion cannot be used retrospectively. This promotion only applies to those who register, book and travel during the period stipulated in 2(b).
Change of travel arrangements
12. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for any Avios bonus award unless their revised travel is within the qualifying travel period.
13. All bookings under this promotion will be covered by the fare rules and conditions of the original fare. This includes any applicable refund and change fees. All refunds are subject to the fare rules for the class of ticket booked. Fare rules and conditions appear in your booking details when you access your booking on ba.com through the ‘Manage my booking’ functionality.